Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fleur-de-lys's Ice Cream Macarons 07.10.2012

 Hi ppl~ I went to Bandar on Sunday to take a look around, primarily surverying for fabrics and I only managed to go Hokko and to Hua Ho to take a look at laces and to my dismay, didn't really able to seek what I am looking for. I am like in the craze for searching fabrics that I want and I might say I am very picky! I don't want to pick the expensive ones just cuz I don't think it's worth it unless the prints are really tempting (there is one tempting print in kb fabric shop=D) and rarely I find affordable ones as I need a lot of fabrics to make a lolita jsk/op~ ah wells~ in the end, I went for food hunting~

 
Here I am at Fleur-de-lys, not a frequent customer but I have tried their smoothies (not bad), desserts like the mango something(love it though it's costly for something small) and I can't remember. I believe good food doesn't need to be that costly and costly food isn't necessarily good.

Quite a variety of flavours, actually affordable if compared to overseas rates but costly when compared with local delicacy for something that small. I have tried macarons but maybe it is just not to my liking. A tad overrated I might say.

 The cupcakes look tempting and I have never tried Fleur-de-lys cupcakes but then again not a huge fan of cupcakes in overall as I am usually disappointed with their texture (normally dry) and not in favour of their excessive amount of icing/cream/frosting on top~ I do know I have friends baking good cupcakes~ so basically I can live without getting cupcakes in shops ><

Right, I am here because boyfie said something about ice cream macarons and upon hearing that, I was excited! Sounds very appetising and I begged him to bring me over to try this delicacy~ They have like 5 flavours at the moment; Chocolate, Pistachio, Hazelnut, Strawberry Cheesecake and one more I forgotten the name.  

Bought Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake pricing at $3.80 each which is quite costly! Boyfie asked for takeaway then I realised it is going to be tough eating it..takeaway style. So we stayed and sat down to try savour this sorta ice cream waffle style thing. 

My Strawberry Cheesecake Flavoured Macaron. I was excited upon seeing it and much more when I held it for the first time; smooth, cool(duh~ it's ice cream!) and looks delish!

I am quite serious when it comes to food tasting and what more expensive ones XD So here I am taking few bites, couldn't taste the flavour for my first bite cuz it's cold and so I had to take a few more bites~


Verdict? well you can see the look on my face~ It isn't really that.. impressive~ I couldn't believe it, so I took a few more bites and realised I really feel 'below average' mood XDMaybe I have too high an expectation for it~ The strawberry macaron went stiff (as in turned into a tough sugary layer, what you expect from egg white and sugar la) when the ice cream melts so I had difficulty chewing it off! But hey, I could say I actually prefer the chocolate so much more! Rich chocolate flavour, even the texture of the macaron is better~ 

In the end, we didn't finish the macarons, not even halfway through. So boyfie went to 'donate' the leftovers to his cuzzies (to let them try as well I suppose), and that's the story of me and the ice cream macarons~ I shall just stick to classic macarons or maybe just.. a plain vanilla ice cream waffle =p

-LcK-

No comments: